Thursday, April 7, 2011

What A Day!

What a GREAT day, that is! The past few days have been rather trying. We are breaking Phillip of his very much love bink. We've known we needed to do this for a while, but have come up with excuse after excuse. The most prominent excuse that he only has it when he sleeps. Lately he's been waking up a lot at night because he loses the bink and can't go back to sleep without it. So, we decided it was time. The firt night was a little rough so we cut the tip off a bink and let him have that. Nap the next day went fairly well, and every night since has been wonderful. He plays around, jumps, and maybe cries for a minute thens he's fast asleep. The even better part is that he's stopped waking up in the middle of the night. Nap time has been a TOTALLY different story. He's screams and cries the entire time he's in bed. I go in to comfort him, but nothing helps. Because of this he didn't nap Tuesday or Wednesday! A stay at home mom's worst nightmare! On top of this, I'm fairly certain Annaleigh has been going through a growth spurt. She's been extra cranky and waking at night to eat. Yes, this is unusual for my 3 mth old! She usually eats between 7 & 9 then doesn't wake to eat again until 4 or 5. I have a special talent for getting my babies to sleep through the night! So, for the past 2 days I have been dealing with 2 very cranky kids while extremely exhausted.

Today was a much better day! Today I took both kids to the grocery store by myself. By 10:30 I had a cake baked from scratch (icing included)! I loaded the kids into the car again and took the cake to Matt's work. (I didn't get any cake, so sad!) I straightened up the house. I use the term "straightened" instead of
"cleaned" because, honestly, who would I be kidding. My house is rarely clean and anyone who has 2 kids under 2 and a husband knows exactly what I mean! My wonderful sister-in-law came over to visit. We were troughly entertained by Phillip. He LOVES to show off all his new tricks. Like his Blue's Clues "think, think, think,".....


The best part of today? Phillip actually nappeed! Yay! Today there were minimal breakdowns and fits. And there was a ton of this...



Aren't they just adorable? How lucky am I that I get to spend my days with these little people. See that rattle in Annaleigh's hands. You can't tell in this picture, but she was totally holding that rattle AND putting it in her mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment