Thursday, January 5, 2012

What A Year!

You're probably expecting a New Year post. Nope! Today is my baby's 1st birthday! Is it possible to feel like time has moved too quickly and too slowly at the same time? That is totally how I feel about a year having passed since Annaleigh was born. On one hand, I can't believe she's already 1! On the flip side, it feels like this year has been several with all the things that happened. Seriously, this girl has been through a lot in her first year of life. She's had jaundice, her first period (yeah, crazy, I know..apparently, it's one of those medical things that are common enough for drs to know about it, but not common enough that the general population knows about it...it happens to some baby girl's as the mom's hormone are leaving their body...it was just the one when she was like a week old), RSV (hospital stay & on oxygen when we went home), acid reflux, 2 falls down the stairs, um i think that's all.  She's already been to Texas twice. She's walking. She can say "uh-oh" and "this." Those are pretty much the only words she uses appropriately in context. She blows kisses, is obsessed with food, and just yesterday she started trying to spin in circles while dancing (seriously, so cute.) She's super crazy, but she is oh so sweet and adorable!

So it really has been quite a year since she was born! We were in Texas a week ago so we had an early birthday party for her there! I loved how it turned out! All of my family were such a help with getting things all set up. Can I just say my husband has some mad decorating skills! He was my lifesaver. He hung streamers while I decorated the cake and came up with a pretty impressive design all on his own. He's pretty amazing!


I love how the cake turned out!



Isn't the inside of the bottom layer awesome! I was trying to get the zebra print effect.


Her cake ended up looking crazy. The cake was still hot, but it couldn't wait any longer to ice it. So it crumbled.


I think she liked it!


I don't know what was up with the face, but it's cute and this was the best picture of her dress that night. I bought a plain zebra print tank dress from Hobby Lobby and added to it!


She got lots of cute presents, but I didn't want to go overboard with the picture bomb!

I just can't believe she's already 1! Here's to hoping she mellows out as she gets older :)!

1 comment: