Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New School Year = New Goals!

Who would have thought I would have children too little for school, but still have my life revolve around the school year? Well, it does and it will for the next year at least. So I guess we'll get a little break before Phillip starts school. We have been so off our schedules for the last month with Matt home all day. Don't get me wrong I LOVE having my hubby 24/7! We have just been trying to make the most of our time together so schedules and normal days are non-existent. Today we have a little taste of what things will be like when he goes back to work. He has a day full of meeting, the rest of the week off and goes back for good Monday. So I decided to make today a day to see how our schedule will work since the kids are getting bigger and their needs have changed slightly. Enter my new goal: working out! Since we don't have a double stroller and Phillip has too much energy to trust him on sidewalks, I have to find ways to work out in the house. So I am doing Jillian Michael's (The Biggest Loser goddess) 30 Day Shred. Can I just say, holy crap! I am SO out of shape. I think I'm in worse shape now than I was when I started it right before I got pregnant with Annaleigh. My legs are currently like jello. I just went up stairs to check on Annaleigh. Surprisingly up was NOT the hard part. I thought my legs were going to collapse coming down. I am seriously considering sliding down the stairs Phillip style when I have to bring Annaleigh back down. Go ahead laugh it up! I know I am! So my new goal is make working out a part of my daily routine AND, ready for the big one? My ultimate long term goal is to lose 43lbs by my anniversary, December 20th! Am I crazy? I might be! Only time will tell! At that point I will probably create another long term goal because really to make it to a "healthy" weight I will still have about 30 MORE lbs to lose.
YIKES!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what time Matt gets home in the evenings, but what I do is make use of a little time each evening when Rob is home and let him be in charge of the kids during that time, and thats when I run. I have been doing this for a few months now and have been monitoring my portion sizes food-wise, and as a result I have lost all my baby weight. I weigh now what I did before I got pregnant with Andrew, AND I have gone down 4 pants sizes, and feel great about myself!! You probably have your own preferred workout, but just take a little time for yourself each day while Matt is home, after being the one to take care of two small children each day, you deserve some "you" time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually weighed less coming home from the hospital with Annaleigh than I did when I got pregnant with Phillip. So I don't have the excuse of baby weight anymore. Matt is taking classes online full-time. So while he gets off work rather early, his evenings are packed with assignments and studying. It isn't realistic for me to plan for alone time every day. I may be able to do it every so often, but definately not daily. I have to keep the kids out of his hair so he can get things done. It works out better for me to plan for time during the day so I can be sure it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if that works better for you then do it that way. Just make sure that somehow you get some time for yourself. No matter how much work the husband has, when the wife is caring for the children all day, it is essential that you have some time by yourself, each day,(even if its a few minutes) to regroup, or you can compromise your ability to care for them properly which will, in turn, cause more stress for Matt. It has been proven that being a stay-at-home mom is more stressful than having a full time job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to do the same thing. I drop all kids off at school and then work most of the day from home, but really, I should be able to find 30 min to work out everyday. Like you said, it is just a matter of getting into that routine. Like... you brush your teeth every morning because it is important and part of the routine. So is working out... I for sure need to make that part of my routine. Good luck sister!!!

    ReplyDelete